Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hershey 10k and Hershey Park

We woke up bright and early for the race and it was a chilly VERY windy morning.  We headed to Hershey and met up with some friends Prerace.  Quite different than the Disney races I've done. There's no corrals, fireworks and the start is somewhat anticlimactic.  They did have profession photographers taking pics of runners before it began. 

Of course what would a race for me be with no selfies and some internet friends I've made which met up with us Prerace 

The race began and we were against the wind so it was a tough start. This was probably the least prepared I've ever been for a race but luckily I ended up running with my friend Miranda, (internet friend I met Friday Disney Facebook group) and we chatted the whole way making it seem easier. 

I like how they save running through the park til the very end. Gives you something to look forward to.  Though the park is extremely hilly.  We ran most of the way but did walk up the steep hills in the park.  

We made it to the finish and met up with my neighbor/friend Christa and her sister and niece.  They did a great job.  Christa had the best time of us all with just under 1:07:00.  We waiting and cheered for my cousin Shannon as she finished shortly after is all. 

We met up with everyone and took some fun photos before returning to hotel and our day at Hershey Park 




No comments:

Post a Comment