Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hershey 10k April 2015 day 1


This was my third year running the Hershey 10k, at Hershey Park Pennsylvania.  This is a great race and fun for the whole family on a much smaller budget than a Disney Race.

The 10k is usually in early April during Spingtime in the Park.  Springtime in the park means prices are much cheaper to get into park than they are during the summer.  Adults were 31 and kids 8 and under were around 24.  There was also a 3.00 off coupon in packet making it cheaper.  

The first year I did the race my immediate family took the 6 hour road trip.   Last year I "recruited" my neighbor and her family.  This year we expanded and included my cousin, and my neighbors sister and niece.  Yay!!! The more the merrier!  

What I love about this weekend getaway besides the race and rollercoasters is its relatively inexpensive and feels like a mini vacation.  

We booked our rooms using Priceline in Harrisburg. Since we're not too picky we went for a 2 1/2 star.  It's always a little exciting yet nerve wracking waiting to see which hotel Priceline picks for us. But when you're spending 50.00 a night you are happy with something clean and safe.  Anything extra is a bonus!!!

We ended up at the Park Inn by Radisson.  Kids were excited because it had an indoor pool so we were happy and looking forward to that.  

After the long drive my cousin Shannon and I rushed to Hershey to get our pickup packets. This was quite easy and we could've done it easily the morning of race.  I also could've had my friend that picked her packet up earlier get ours.  They were very flexible about that.  Something rundisney is NOT flexible with.

We got back to hotel and hung by the pool while the kids swam.  The hotel was a bit further from Hershey than previous years (about 25 minutes) but worth it for the pool. 


We headed to sleep early and set alarm for 5:00am the next morning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment