Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2015


After last year's wine and dine (aka splash and dash) half marathon I was really excited to do this race again.  

The Disney Wine and Dine half marathon is a night race that starts at 10pm.  After the race there is an after party at Epcot that goes til 4am.  This race is extremely popular.  Registering for it was stressful and so many were trying to register at once and computers kept freezing, but I was lucky to snag a spot.  I planned on doing this race with my cousin Shannon, my friend Laura (who I met at the Disney marathon) and many other Disney friends I've met over fb groups. There was a good amount of us going and I knew it would be a great time.  
We planned our trip from Thursday night til Tuesday morning.  

Thursday night we arrived in Orlando and checked into All Star movies. We planned to stay there one night then move to the Beach Club resort.  After we arrived we quickly dropped off our things and headed to the Polynesian resort to meet friends at Trader Sams.  A fun interactive bar at the Poly. This place haf a long wait to get in but what a fun atmosphere.  The perfect place to hang with friends and enjoy some Disney Magic. 
 


We headed back to the resort around 1am via cab. This would be the start of a sleep deprived long weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment