Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 3 Saturday Post Race

After the race I met up with Laura and took some pics in the finishers area.
We then took the bus back to Pop Century.  Today we were switching resorts and moving to the Boardwalk Villas and I was looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub.

We quickly packed up our belongings,  along with my mom and headed down to take a cab over there.  Of course we have to make a simple task fun so we  took this crazy picture while waiting for our cab.
I thing the bellhop thought we were nut jobs but we made him laugh.

We get to Boardwalk and I want to take an ice bath (or for me as cold as possible bath with no ice) and we were given a handicapped room (no tub) .  Ugh.  There was no regular room available so I we just had to roll with it.  We showered and I headed to the pool.  It was low 60's but the sun was out.  When your from Buffalo that works.  
My mom and I hung out and around 4 I got my favorite prerace meal.  Chicken fingers and hot sauce.  I swear this makes me run good the next day.  

I was feeling sore and my feet felt like a couple blisters may be on the horizon.  I really took it easy the rest of the day knowing my biggest challenge would arrive soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment